Wilgerus was the brainchild of the community in the early 80’s when the need to create a safe environment for the elderly became apparent. With the help of the local community, Wilgerus opened its door to the public on 1 May 1987 on the banks of the Wilger River.
During this time, the operations and functionality of Wilgerus was driven and managed by the community and congregations and in 2007 it was decided to seek professional assistance regarding structural, managerial and business skills and that is when theWilgerus Care Servicesbecame part of the Residentia stable.
Wilgerus is still part of the local community and most of the community individuals involved at Wilgerus are still part of the team and some are even Residents.
The following facilities are available.
Residentia owns 36 Units (sold on life right basis) and the units consist of:
- 13 x Bachelor Units – Excluding Lights/Household/Food Service
- 4 x One Bedroom Unit – Excluding Lights/Household/Food Service
- 1 x Two Bedroom Unit – Excluding Lights/Household/Food Service
Semi Dependent Resident:
- 3 x One Bedroom/Bathroom – Lights/Household/Food Service/Activities Included
- 2 x Room/Bathroom – Lights/Household/Food Service/Activities Included
- 24 x Rooms – Lights/Household/Food Service/Activities Included
- 34 x Beds – Lights/Household/Food Service/Activities Included
We strive to create a home environment and have plenty of general services.
We are also very fortunate to have access to all Dr’s / pharmacies / social workers / grocery stores and all the different church denominations.
All our residents have access to our activity programmes and social events and we encourage a Total Wellness-approach.
- Living rooms
- Hair salon
- Dining areas
- Garages/ shaded parking / parking
- Library service
Mrs Corlia Muller
P O Box 80